Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's Planting Time!

Bandit's partner in crime is, I believe, no longer part of this world. I never knew a rat could eat that much poison.

I have been planting the garden. YAY!

I planted some sunflowers that I started from seed in the neighbor's greenhouse. I also planted green, yellow, and burgundy beans (seeds). All of these were bush beans, as pole beans a) go crazy and b) don't taste as good. Then I planted some sweet dumpling squash, a lot of zucchini, yellow squash, and a few scalloped squash that I started in the last two weeks. I also planted some cayenne peppers, heirloom tomatoes, and started planting bell peppers.

So, I would like to send a kudos to the Oakhurst Community Garden. I went to their annual plant sale with my beautiful wife today. I got 5 varieties of heirloom tomatoes, two varieties of peppers, red basil, and two eggplants. I like how all their plants are only $1 or $2. I can't believe that if I go to Lowe's or Home Depot, plant prices surge to $3.50 per plant! And those don't taste as good!

I think I still need more bell pepper plants and jalapenos, but the rest of the garden is set. Only a few more plants to plant, and we are all planted for the summer.

I'll post some pictures in the next few days when it isn't dark as I remember to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment