Monday, May 17, 2010

Snow Peas!


They have arrived and I have had small harvests for two dinners.

Moral of the story - the Ferry Morse Snow Peas (one packet) is enough to have harvests every 5 or so days for a dinner but in order to have enough for freezing, you would need many more plants. I just don't have enough room for that.

So, we have been having home made stir fry! Yum. My sweetie makes the best stir fry at home that I think I ever have had. Add to that snow peas that are not even 5 minutes off the vine, and it was delicious. She made some before we left on a long weekend (more on that to come soon!) and I ate until my stomach hurt. Should not have done that.

Some pics:
Freshly picked snow peas. First harvest.
Stir Fry my sweetie made, and a snow pea about to get eaten.
I will definitely plant these again. They have a decent yield, and are delicious. Most important thing about peas is that you need to plant them early - I planted these in either late January or early February. I didn't have much luck last year, and I know that the weather that makes it too hot for the plants to live is just around the corner, bringing with it tomatoes, peppers, beans, blackberries, squash, pick your own peaches, etc. Ahh, fresh local food. So good...

coming soon - freshly picked strawberries from North Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment