Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Remembering my mother's summer favorite - Yellow Squash Muffins

For those of you that read yesterday's post - I harvested my FIRST squash, a medium large size yellow squash. It is perfect, or rather was. :)

My mom was quite a chef and always loved getting fresh produce from the farm. When I was young, she modified some recipes and made yellow squash muffins. They remain one of my favorite muffins that I can easily make at home. Therefore, I made a small batch tonight.

Yellow Squash Muffins

2-3 medium-large sized yellow squash, grated with a cheese grater.
2 eggs (I got mine locally)
1 c melted butter/margarine
1 c sugar (or you can replace with Splenda)
3 c flour
1 tbsp + 2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Combine dry ingredients and make a 'well' in the center. Add squash and other wet ingredients. Mix until all dry ingredients are moist. Put into muffin pans that are either lined with paper liners or sprayed well with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes at 375F.

Eat.

Enjoy.

Repeat all summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment