Monday, January 11, 2010

A bit of humor, this week's goals, and a delicious dinner

I came home from Washington, DC to find this on the fridge for me...

It is so true... starting and keeping a garden is no small commitment. You invest time and money into making the garden, and then you need to upkeep in order to continue to enjoy it. In the case of herbs, you can enjoy both the looks and tastes of the garden.

So, it's January. It is officially time to put together the list of things to grow this year. I received a catalog from "Gardens Alive" last week. They have a $25 coupon for any order, so I plan on trying some of their products for free and ordering this week.

The neighbors and I are going to most likely order some heirloom vegetable seeds next week. Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Beans, Peppers, Eggplant, and a side of deliciousness.

On a side note, we made homemade tacos. Correction, my beautiful bride made tacos tonight. Featured in them were peppers either from our garden or the neighbor's that we froze a month or two ago. The soy we cooked up as the main protein with about a half pint of tomatoes that I canned last summer. Also, I put some peach salsa on them. I made and preserved this last summer... I went and picked the peaches, and then made the salsa with peaches, tomatoes, and peppers from our garden. YUMMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment