Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow and Rosemary...

It snowed in Atlanta! That statement doesn't get said enough. Granted, it was about a half inch of snow, and because of the lack of snow handling equipment, the city is essentially shut down today. (I had been out of town, so I am happy I made it back right as the snow was starting, and not after all the ice.)

Anyways, my wife is making bread with a breadmaker a lot now (her new years resolution) and made a delicious rosemary loaf last week. The cool weather onions and rosemary are all that are alive right now, and the bread is so good, we may eat all of the rosemary plant before it is able to grow larger and recover.



The point of the matter is that even now when it is below freezing and there is snow covering everything, I am happy that I can go outside, pick rosemary, and about 3 hours later, there is a wonderful, delicious loaf of rosemary bread for us to enjoy a local grown fresh spice.



Those poor onions... we'll see how they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment